There is a way to find peace and healing – in a word, Shalom – that will last for eternity.
While I believe you can experience abundant life on earth, you can also find it for all eternity.
With this Life you can live and never die!
Are you seeking peace and healing that will never end? Amidst changing circumstances and uncertainties in an uncertain, and in many ways toxic (and sinful) world, how can we find peace and healing?
There is a healing and peace that runs deeper than physical health and wellness, and is free to all who accept it.
“How do I experience this eternal, Living Shalom,” you ask?
1. First, confess sin. Recognize before God that you are a sinner. Sin is where we fall short of righteousness, failing to be all God intended and commanded for us. Sin separates us from God. And sin is not just the “super-horrible” things we think are bad – like murder, adultery, or bank robbery. Sin can be even a bad thought! Even harboring lust in our heart or speaking wrong words can be sin (see Matthew 5:21-48*).
As Romans 3:10-11, 23* indicates, all have sinned. None of us is righteous (or clean, free of toxic sin). We’ve all thought, said, or done something that was not perfect, that was contrary to God’s law. We are all sinful and thus have been separated from God.
Nevertheless, there is good news!
For though “the wages of sin is death, the gift of God is eternal life in Christ Jesus our Lord” (Romans 6:23*).
So, simply confess your sin to God – for “if we confess our sins, He is faithful and just to forgive us our sins and cleanse us of all unrighteousness” (I John 1:9*). Tell Him you’ve missed the mark of righteousness, that you’ve been sick (even in your soul) and need His perfect healing.
2. Second, confess Christ. As John 3:16* states, “God so loved the world…” (that’s you and me!) “…that He gave His only begotten Son [Jesus Christ] that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life.”
Christ bore all our sickness and disease – including the sickness of our inner man – through His death on the cross. Isaiah 53:5*speaks this when it says, “He was wounded for our transgressions, He was bruised for our iniquities; the chastisement for our peace was upon Him, and by His stripes we are healed.” And the beautiful part is – this gift of eternal life comes simply by believing, not by any works we have to do (Ephesians 2:8-9*).
Therefore, if you believe that Jesus Christ:
- was the Son of God who…
- died on the cross…
- taking your deserved sin-punishment…
- and rose again from the grave…
- and accept Him as your Lord and Savior…
- you are saved and eternally healed!
Romans 10:9 clarifies this reality, stating “that if you confess with your mouth Jesus is Lord, and believe in your heart that God has raised Him from the dead, you will be saved.”
If you want to make that decision, you can pray to God wherever you are, right now telling Him the things above – confessing sin and confessing Christ – to receive Him as your Savior, the One who is Jehovah-Shalom (Judges 6:23-24*).
Will you accept His offer for Living Shalom?
*All references marked with an asterisk are from the New King James Version of the Bible.